No, no, not the house!
The site has moved to: Tudorks.com
Please adjust your bookmarks and RSS feeds accordingly.
We’re excited about the new freedom we have with our new host, and we look forward to seeing you there.
Thanks, and Happy New Year!
-David and Victoria
Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »
No, we’re not Frink. I don’t think we’ll be ever be done. Frink, you may never know a home without projects. You’re a renovation pup. There was a time you enjoyed rolling in torn up carpet foam and tracking through wet paint. Even those exotic textures and smells bore you now? Sorry, Frink, how do you think I feel?
Tudorks 1 year update: Well, we aren’t divorced yet. That’s good. Everyone says that when you take on a project this huge that a divorce is certain. No, I completely disagree. If anything, it has made our marriage stronger. We have accomplished so much, still working on 1 year before and after pics. We’ve defuzzed, defurred, decarpeted, defunked 2500 square feet of living space. We’ve painted every single room. We’ve waxed every single floor. We’ve put down a new kitchen floor. We’ve electrical and plumbing down. And much, much more. I’ve blanked out half of the nasty projects from my memory. So, what’s left? Here’s the short list as to not bore you, Frink.
- Finish upstairs bathroom. Please don’t laugh at us. Wasn’t this supposed to be done months ago? Need to touch up paint, clean up floor, maybe get tub glazed. This should be finished in a weekend.
- Finish downstairs powder room. Put up ceiling tiles, rip up old floor and put down new. Maybe get “new” fixtures, meaning something more authentic to the era of the home. Oh, and get them working. A month of weekends?
- Random paint touch-ups. We painted every room and then messed it all up in the renovating process. A room could be done nightly.
- Repair front porch. Concrete is cracking, chipping. It’s a big mess and we are so intimidated by concrete projects. Pay somebody.
- Finish cleaning door hardware and hang up remaining doors. Maybe a weekend?
- Fireplace mantel. I will be so happy when that is done. I’m so picky that this may never get finished.
- Oh, and all the new things that have to be done: replace windows, roof, make us completely and totally broke. Ughh, do I have to think about this? Welcome to the wonderful world of home ownership. Frink, can’t you get a job posing on a greeting card or something so we can replace a few windows or something? All you do is lay around, complaining, staying in your kennel all day.
So, yeah, these are the main things left. It’s doable considering how much we got done in 1 year on our own, but frankly I’m sick of renovating. I know this feeling is very normal when talking to other people and visiting home forums. All of you home builders, home restorers, home renovators- how long did your project take? Are you finished? Am I sweating the small stuff? I expect repairs throughout ownership, but how long did it take you finish your “must do now” list? How did you live through it?🙂
Posted in personal | Tagged budget remodeling, first time home owners, Frink the frug, home, home ownership, home projects, home remodeling, home renovation, home repair, home restoration, personal, pets, rant, rehab home, remodeling | 2 Comments »